Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Different Kind of Faith


   You know that feeling when a crazy idea pops into your head and you say to your brain, “Where did that come from?  It’ll never happen.”  And then you forget about it.
   Except… sometimes you don’t forget.  That crazy idea keeps finding its way to the front of your brain.  And that’s when you kindly say to yourself, “OK, what is up with this idea?  It’s crazy!  Never going to work.  No way could I get it done… Oh.  God?  Is that you?  I mean, surely this isn’t Your idea.  It’s too much, too big.  You’ll never put more on me than I can bear, right?  Well, trust me; this is more than I can handle… Trust You?  Oh.  Yeah, well, I mean, I don’t think I can do this.  I just…like…I can’t.”
   So now you have a choice to make.  You trust God, or you don't.  You do this, or you do nothing.  You have faith, or you choose not to.
   But maybe this is a different kind of faith for you.  Maybe you're not used to to this.  You see, this isn't an "Ahhhh!  This hardship is too hard.  Help me get through this, God" type of faith.  This is more like an "Ahhhh!  You told me to do this, and I'm trying, but it's too hard for me to do on my own.  Help me do this, God"  kind of faith.  It's not something you're forced to go through.  It's something you make a choice to do.
   But there shouldn't be so much difference.  This shouldn't be so much harder.  Faith is being certain of what we do not see, and when you don't see how we can accomplish His plans, you have to turn to God and let Him to the accomplishing.  
   Like Paul told the Galatians, it's really not that you know God, it's that He knows you.  And besides the exact number of hairs on your head, He know just what you can handle.  He knows that through Him, we are more than conquerors.  He knows that we can do what He is asking.  He knows that when He gives us strength, we can do anything.
   Trust me Trust Him.  With God, all things are possible.

0 heartfelt responses: