Thursday, December 15, 2016

lists

   I made it. I survived the first leg(s) of my trip, and I am with my family in Missouri for Christmas and the foreseeable future. I have a lot of thoughts and feelings I need to work through, but I'm not sure I'm ready for all that just yet. It's coming, I promise, but until then, here are some lovely lists to hold you over and further enlighten you about my time at Naomi House.

names and titles I responded to at Naomi House:
  • Charlotte
  • Sarah
  • Genevieve
  • Mom
  • Matilda
  • Mckenzie
  • the intern
  • Multiplication
  • Hey, what's your name again? 
  • Ma
  • Michaela
  • (also various grunts, yells, and sobs)
shows and movies I watched a lot of at Naomi House:
  • PJ Masks
  • Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
  • Leap Frog 
  • The Lion Guard
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Teen Titans Go (recommend)
  • Friends (on my own time)
games I played a lot at Naomi House:
  • Knockout
  • Jelly (the kids had to teach me)
  • Foursquare (I had to teach the kids)
  • Mock Everything Ivan Says and Does
  • Push Summer On the Swing Until My Arms Fall Off
  • Try To Decipher What In the Heck Ferrah Is Saying
  • Monkey In the Middle
actual things I said at Naomi House:
  • Stop eating your brother.
  • Put the chair down. This is not the WWE.
  • I live at Naomi House. I don't actually have a life.
  • You're an unrealistic whale.
  • Yes, you are very cute, but that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.
  • I miss corn.
  • I broke your shower this morning.
  • It's okay to say it if zombies are chasing you.
  • Holy cannoli
  • Please stop saying "booty."
  • Be chill. (approximately 29 times a day)

0 heartfelt responses: