Thursday, February 28, 2013

No Fear of Death

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. ~Romans 14:8 (KJV)
Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. ~Philippians 1:20-21 (KJV)
Everything happening to me in this jail only serves to make Christ more accurately known, regardless of whether I live or die. They didn’t shut me up; they gave me a pulpit! Alive, I’m Christ’s messenger; dead, I’m his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can’t lose. ~Philippians 1:20-21 (The Message)

   When we have Christ, death is no londer a foreboding uncertainty.  Because of Christ, we know that though our bodies die, we have eternal life with Him.  We are no longer scared.  Death has lost its sting.  We have no fear.
   When there is no fear of death, life is so much fuller.  We can concentrate on Jesus instead of trying to delaying our deaths at all costs.  Our focus is on Him, instead of ourselves.  Sharing the love of God suddenly has infinitely more value than our own lives.
   When we know the love of God, we look forward to seeing Him face-to-face.  We focus on building up treasure in Heaven instead of treasure here on Earth.  We cannot wait to hear the words, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.  And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith; that your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again. ~Philippians 1:24-26 (KJV)

0 heartfelt responses: