Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Boys, Fun, and Other Topics of Interest

Single   "Get a boyfriend," they said.  "It'll be fun," they said.  Well, in the wise and wonderful words of Jamie Grace, "You know what else is fun?  A dog!"  Seriously, there are about a bajillion ways I could have fun - without dating a single boy.
   What if dating is not as much fun as everyone keeps telling me it is?  What if it means spending my days working to impress him, and not make him mad at me, and figure out what on Earth he really is feeling right now?  Or what if having a boyfriend is fun; it's the not having that's more the opposite.
   What if I just don't want a boyfriend right now?  Honestly, somewhere deep inside me, I desire love and relationship.  But what if a boyfriend can't fulfill that desire?  What if I don't want a boyfriend at all?
   I want someone who will love me for me, and no one else.  I want someone who is a man of God.  I want to be able to talk about everything, or sit in silences that aren't awkward.  I want someone who is willing wait for me. 
   What I really want... is true love.

0 heartfelt responses: