Monday, July 15, 2013

I Want More

   I love Peter's attitude in John 13:9.  He was appalled when Jesus first started to serve him, saying that Jesus would never wash his feet.  Jesus' replies, "If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me."  Immediately Peter is all in.  He begs Jesus to wash his hands and his head too, desperate to have a part with Him.  Peter wants every part of him to be consumed by God, his feet, hands, and head to be taken by the Spirit.
   Peter and I have so much in common (I seriously can't wait to meet him in Heaven).  We both mess up, we both break promises, we both deny Him, we both cry over our mistakes.  At the end of the day, we just want more of Jesus.  Our hearts' desire is to become more like Him.  We long to use our hands, our feet, and our heads to serve Him. 
   I want more of God's love and power every day.  Good thing He never runs out!  I don't want to just dip my toes in the water, I want Him to open the floodgates of Heaven and overflow my life.  I want Holy Spirit to take over, to direct my every step, word, action and thought.  I want Him to rain down on me.  I want to encounter Jesus.
"Oh that You would rend the heavens and come down!"
(Isaiah 64:1. My heart cry.)
 
Standing in the rain. Tout puissant

0 heartfelt responses: