Wednesday, July 31, 2013

F is for Faith

4Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
6 Then said I:
“Ah, Lord God!
Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”
7 But the Lord said to me:
“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak.
8 Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord.
9 Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me:
“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To root out and to pull down,
To destroy and to throw down,
To build and to plant.”
-Jeremiah 1:4-10
 
   I truly believe God has had a crazy-awesome plan for me since before my parents even thought about me.  I believe He has been working on me since I was a baby.  I believe He will continue to change my heart to be more like His for the rest of my days.
   God has done so much for me.  When I was four He saved my from my sin.  Last summer He saved me from the deep, dark pit of depression.  He is saving me from myself.
   I have learned that it is not enough to believe that God can do something.  I need to ask Him, and I need to let Him.  He's holding out the gift, but He's not going to shove it at me.
   I am so ready to recieve everything He wants to give me.  I believe God's plan for me is beyond anything I could ever ask or imagine.  He has blown my mind with what He has done for me and through me so far.  I am beyond excited to see what comes next.  It only gets better from here!
 

0 heartfelt responses: