Saturday, July 6, 2013

Choose Joy

   Sometimes I get high on Jesus.  I go deeper, I gain more of Him, I grow in His love.  God reveals Himself to me in a whole new way, and I fall in love with Him all over again.  It's crazy, and it's overwhelming, and it's awesome.
   Sometimes stuff happens.  Sometimes our water heater goes kapoot, my mom gets locked out of the van 45 minutes away, people question my beliefs and my passion, I spend a day sick, friendships are beyond confusing, and a million other little things annoy me in less than a week.  Sometimes I don't get to go to Peru like I had planned.  Sometimes I have writer's block.  Sometimes boys make things... complicated.  Sometimes I realize my summer is going way too fast.  Sometimes I get scared and confused and sometimes people ask what the rest of my life is gonna look like and I have no idea.
   Sometimes happiness is a choice.  Sometimes I cry out to God, and He brings peace to my heart.  Sometimes I remember that I don't have to rely on yesterday's high because His mercies are new every morning.  Sometimes Holy Spirit whispers secrets in my ear, and I end up grinning like an idiot.  Sometimes I decide to laugh in the devil's face even while I'm crying.  Sometimes I choose joy.
dance in the Rain
via

0 heartfelt responses: