Tuesday, September 18, 2012

So Fake

   I look around me and I see them playing pretend.  Fake hair color, fake happiness, and fake confidence.  Make-up to cover blemishes.  Smiles to cover pain and problems.  Friends to cover insecurity.
   I see them adjusting their disguise at every turn.  They adapt to each situation and each group of people.  They do their best to impress everyone.  They try to fill the gaps in their performance. 
   I see them going to church, being good on Sunday no matter what the rest of the week will look like.  They think it's enough.  They try to impress God.
   I see them acting like they've got it all together.  They put on an "I'm-doing-just-fine-and-I-don't-need-your-help" attitude.  They pretend that they're obviously confident. They are breaking on the inside, falling apart, crying.
   They are so fake.
  

0 heartfelt responses: