Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Doors, Windows, Hallways

   They say when God closes a door, He opens a window.  What happens if He closes the window?  Am I stuck in the hallway, enclosed between where I used to be and where I want to go? 
   The window was pretty high off the ground, and I had sat in that hallway for days before being courageous enough to jump out of it.  I had finally climbed up and stood on the sill, terrified of the fall, but thrilled for the freedom.  I had bent my knees, sent up a prayer... and the window slammed in my face, locking me into that hallway once again.
   Now here I sit, in the lonely darkness, knees pulled up to my chin.  Crying.  Desperate.  Hopeless.  Why?  I scream the question, begging for an answer.  Silence.  I scramble through the tight hallway, searching again for an exit I know I won't find. 
   I fall to my knees again, my posture that of one defeated.  Which is how I feel after fighting so hard, only to come up short once more.  Exhausted, determination gone, I know I will never make it out alone. 
   "You are never alone."  I hear the whisper, and I know this is truth.  I remember my Savior, my friend, my eternal, good, powerful God. 
   I know that when closes a door, He opens a window.  When God closes a window, He opens up something better.

0 heartfelt responses: