Saturday, October 20, 2012

Just the Way You Are

   I can envision God on the day He created you.  I see Him obsessing over every detail, loving every second.  He makes your nails and your hair and your toes.  And when He gets to your eyes, I imagine the Lord of creation going all Bruno Mars on you, because they outshine the stars in the sky.
   He creates your lips and your smile and perfects your laugh. He gives your hair just the right color and makes it fall just right (without you tryin').  Your fingers, ears, legs and lashes are samples of His best handiwork.  He makes your heart to love and to live and to beat for Him.  He gives you feelings and opinions.  He creates every single part of you in His own image, and when He is done He stands back to watch - and to say that you are good.
   He catches sight of your first smile, and stops and stares for a while.  You are His favorite of all His creations.  Every time He sees your face there is nothing He would change.  He wishes you could see yourself through His eyes, because then you would see your beauty.  You would realize that you're amazing, just the way you are.  You would understand that the God of the universe loves you.

 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
-Psalm 139:13-14

this song :)

0 heartfelt responses: