Saturday, January 12, 2013

How Dare You

How dare you?
How dare I what, God?  Have I done something wrong?  I've been trying so hard to be perfect.
That's it, Daughter.  Stop.  Stop trying so hard.
What do You mean?  All my hard work, all the things I've done for You, everything... that's not enough?  What more could You want?
You.  I don't need your acheivements, your striving, your perfection. I just want you.
But, God... Are You sure?
Have I ever been wrong?
Well, no, not that I know of.  But what happens if I give that up?  I'll have nothing left.  I'll be nothing.
You will be you.  And you will have Me.  You are nothing on your own anyway.  What I did on the cross was enough.  How dare you think you could do more?
You're right, God.  As usual. But it's just so hard!  I feel like I'm falling apart.
You are falling apart, Beloved.  But I am putting you back together.
 
Watch this video.
"So you thought you had to keep this up
All the work that you do so we think that you're good
And you can't believe it's not enough..."

0 heartfelt responses: